-Chicago: 1 1/2 hours
One of three structures in the museum complex, The Quadracci Pavilion is my favorite - especially when a visit coincides with the twice daily opening and closing of its 217-foot move-able sunscreen - the Burke Brise Soleil (“wings”). The Pavilion has been a local landmark since 2001.
For the 2019 event, additional Daily Activities included:
- Docent-led tours (Fri-Sun)
- Kohl's Art Generation Lab and Studio for kids of all ages (at home, in 2020)
- Marketplace featuring work by local artists, home goods, and jewelry
- Windhover Hall installation and programming
- Online auction
- Food and beverage options
*Amid the pandemic, the Milwaukee Art Museum reopened to the public by August 2020.*
Please note: As a writer associated with the travel industry, I received complimentary meals, lodging, and admissions during my visit to Milwaukee. While it has not influenced this post, I wish to disclose all potential conflicts of interest.